Stows’ success has been built on a commitment to building long term relationships by gaining a thorough understanding of our customers’ needs and by providing exceptional customer services. Our Quality Management System helps us to deliver a consistent and quality service to our customers and ensures we continually strive to improve by monitoring the performance of our staff our fleet and equipment, our customers, our competitors and potential internal and external impacts on our business.
Our business commitments are;
- Provide a framework for setting objectives for our operations
- Be simple, clear and easy to understand and maintain
- Ensure consistency in our service delivery
- Ensure we identify and comply with all legal and other requirements
- A live system that is regularly reviewed and revised as necessary; and
- Be a practical tool that helps our staff in their work and in exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Our Quality Management System is externally certified to ISO:9001 2015 International Quality Management Standard. Our Quality Management System is intended to:
- Great customer relationships
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Knowledgeable – we are experts in our field
- Being a great place to work with minimal turnover
- Consistency in how we do things
- A well maintained and well-presented fleet
- Legal compliance
- Always reviewing and looking for improvement
Stows Waste Management recognises our role in providing waste management, removal, transportation, treatment and disposal services to industry including for domestic sewerage and prescribed waste. We respond quickly in an environmentally responsible manner to our customer’s waste management needs throughout the greater Melbourne area.Through proactively managing the service frequencies of our customers, we are assisting in managing their environmental footprint.
Our Environmental Management System is ISO 14001:2015 certified and we hold EPA permits for all vehicles which transport prescribed waste.
We are committed to operating a business that conserves resources, prevents waste and protects our environment. We will achieve this by: • Setting objectives to improve our environmental performance and monitoring their progress
- Complying with all relevant environmental laws and regulations
- Seeking to prevent pollution where we can
- Adapting to climate change mitigation strategies where we can
- Committing to protect biodiversity and ecosystems where we can
Examples of improvement outcomes include:
- 100,000 litres of rainwater storage on our site in Campbellfield used for vehicle washing
- Eco Friendly pressure washer
- Carbon offsets through annual donations to Greenfleet
- All new fleet purchases are Euro 5 emission
- Fleet of well-maintained trucks that optimise fuel usage
- Use of Ad Blue to neutralise diesel emissions to the atmosphere.
- Our vacuum pump system switches off intermittently which reduces emissions and waste oil
- Recycled textiles used for rags
- Landfill reduction through sorting and recycling materials collected
- Energy efficient lighting used in our offices
- Local materials and suppliers preferred to reduce transportation
- Grease Trap collected discharged at a Waste to Energy facility
Occupational Health and Safety
Stows Waste Management is proud of its performance in Occupational Health and Safety and we are committed to continual improvement of our performance.
Our system is certified to ISO 45001 and is audited regularly for compliance. As part of our responsibilities under this standard we are committed to raising the awareness of OHS with all of our staff and contractors.
Stows Waste Management is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and anyone affected by our undertakings, including contractors and visitors.
To achieve this, we commit to:
To achieve this, we commit to:
- Comply with all relevant OHS legislation.
- Proactively identify and control health and safety hazards within our workplace and operations.
- Provide fit-for-purpose and well maintained equipment.
- Establish safe systems of work that comply with statutory requirements.
- Consult with workers and other relevant parties to ensure they are involved and have the opportunity to contribute to decisions that may affect health and safety.
- Encourage reporting of all safety incidents and situations likely to be hazardous to identify contributing factors and take action to prevent a recurrence.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to workers as necessary to enable work to be performed in a manner that is safe and without risks to health.
- Provide necessary human and financial resources including sourcing external expertise as required.
- Aim for continuous improvement in our health and safety performance.
- Periodically review and improve our health and safety management system to ensure it remains effective.
The objectives of our health and safety program are to:
- Have zero work related injuries and illnesses
- Have effective and meaningful workplace consultation on health and safety matters
- Systematically identify and control health and safety risks.
- Provide all employees and contractors with adequate equipment, systems, information, training, instruction and supervision to ensure work is carried out in the safest possible manner.